My calendar tells me that spring has sprung. Then why are all I see puddles and grey skies?
Where are my daffodils? My tulips?
Not that I planted any, but still.
Is it too early for daisies?
They say that April showers bring May flowers but I have yet to see anything floral around here at all.
Where are my flowers?
In a can of artichoke hearts perhaps?
Or maybe in the oven?
Filled with cheesy tomato-ey goodness?
Adapted from: Petite Lasagnas from Can you stay for dinner
- 26 wonton wrappers
- 1 14oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- sprinkle salt and pepper
- 1 can artichoke hearts (~6 hearts), sliced into rings
- 1-1/2 cup diced onion (~1/2 large onion)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-3/4 cup ricotta (454g tub)
- 1/2 cup grated parm
- Preset oven to 375F
- On stove stop, saute onions with a bit of oil, then add garlic, 2 teaspoons oregano, salt and pepper
- Add tomatoes and rings and allow to simmer
- In a bowl, mix 1 teaspoon oregano, basil, salt and pepper
- Spray one muffin pan and place a wonton wrapper in each well
- Spoon half the ricotta into the wells, then tomatoes, sprinkle with parm
- Press another wonton wrapper into each well and repeat with ricotta, tomatoes and parm
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (I baked the extra one in a ramekin)